Last Updated: May 10, 2021.
Information We Collect
We may collect a variety of information from or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below.
Information You Provide to Us
- Communications. If you contact us directly, we will receive personal information about you. For example, when you contact us to learn more about Pinwheel, we will receive your email address and the contents of your message. If you subscribe to our blog, we will receive your name and email address.
- Connecting to an Account Provider. When you use our Services to connect to an Account Provider, we will ask you for your personal information, such as your payroll provider account credentials, the name of your employer, your first and last name, your phone number, the last four digits of your social security number, and/or your date of birth. The specific pieces of personal information we collect from you when you use our Services to connect to an Account Provider will depend on the requirements of the Account Provider.
- Data Regarding your Financial Account(s). Our Customers provide us with the identifiers for your financial accounts, such as routing number, account number, account type, etc. so that Pinwheel may edit the settings for your direct deposit allocations.
- Sharing Income and Employment Data. When you use our Services we will collect certain personal information from your Account Provider depending on the type of verification we are providing to the applicable Customer. For example, to verify your employment, we may collect your job title, start date, termination date, and/or your employer’s name, address, and government identification number.
- Developers: If you use our Services as a developer, we will ask you for your first name, last name, and email address.
- Careers: If you decide to apply for a job with us, you may submit your contact information and your resume online. We will collect the personal information you choose to provide us as part of your job application, such as your contact information, current employment information, and other information you choose to submit with your application and on your resume. If you apply for a job with us through a third-party platform (such as Glassdoor or LinkedIn), we will collect the personal information you make available to us through such third-party platform.
Information We Collect When You Use Our Services
- Location Information. When you use our Services, we may infer your general location information. For example, your IP address may indicate your general geographic region.
- Device Information. We receive information about the device and software you use to access our Services, including your internet protocol (IP) address, web browser type, operating system version, and device identifiers.
- Usage Information. To help us understand how you use our Services and to help us improve it, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Services, such as the pages or other content you view, the searches you conduct, objects with which you interact, and the dates and times of your visits.
- Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We and our third-party partners may collect information using cookies, pixel tags, or similar technologies. Our third-party partners, such as analytics and advertising partners, may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different services. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our Services.
Please review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from our Services, you may not be able to utilize the features of our Services to their fullest potential.
Information We Receive from Third Parties
- Partners. We may receive additional information about you from third parties such as data or marketing partners and combine it with other personal information we have about you.
How We Use The Information We Collect
We use the information we collect:
- To provide, maintain, debug, improve, and enhance our Services;
- To uniquely identify and authenticate End Users;
- To understand and analyze how you use our Services, and develop new products, services, features, and functionalities;
- To understand and analyze usage patterns;
- To process your job application;
- To bill for our Services;
- To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to our Services, provide information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support;
- To find and prevent fraud, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
- In de-identified and aggregated form (“Aggregated Data”) for any lawful purpose;
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency; and
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
How We Share The Information We Collect
We do not share or otherwise disclose personal information we collect from you except as described below or otherwise disclosed to you at the time of the collection.
- Marketing. We do not rent, sell, or share information about you with nonaffiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes.
- Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers retained in connection with the provision of our Services.
- Customers. We may provide the personal information you make available to us through our Services with the Customer who is requesting your personal information. For example, if your lender uses our Services for income verification purposes, we will provide the personal information you make available to us through our Services to your lender with your authorization.
- Aggregated Data. We may generate or derive from personal information Aggregated Data regarding the general behavior and characteristics of the users of our Services, and we may share such Aggregated Data (e.g., aggregated user statistics) to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- Analytics Partners. We use analytics services such as Google Analytics, Retool, Segment, Looker, and Datadog to collect and/or process certain analytics data. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ and opt out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- As Required by Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your personal information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety.
- Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. We may disclose and transfer your personal information to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets.
- Consent. We may also disclose personal information with your permission.
You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us.
Do Not Track
There is no accepted standard on how to respond to Do Not Track signals, and we do not respond to such signals.
If you choose not to provide us with the information we collect, some features of our Services may not work as intended.
We make reasonable efforts to protect your personal information by using physical and electronic safeguards designed to improve the security of the personal information we maintain. However, as no electronic transmission or storage of information can be entirely secure, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your personal information.
Our Services are hosted in the United States and intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use our Services from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating our Services. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to our Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our processing activities, please email us at email@example.com or write to us at:
335 Madison Ave
New York, New York 10017